The ChroniCOLE

Thursday, May 31, 2007

This past weekend!

Well we ended up staying home this past weekend. It was going to cost a bit more than we wanted plus roller coasters aren't my favorite thing. So we stayed home and did a ton of stuff on our to do list. We slept in a few days and were able to go to some open houses of some of my former students. That was really nice to catch up with them a bit. We had a tile floor in our walk in shower in our master bathroom but had the hardest time with the grout lines staying sealed. So....Troy pulled it all up on saturday morning and dried it all out and then on sunday afternoon we poured a new concrete floor for our shower. It looks so cool! I will have to post some pictures. We also worked on our fountain in the front yard and some landscaping. It is starting to look better and better. Troy sealed the shower floor last pm and the fumes were so strong we ended up sleeping in the basement which was wonderful. It is so cool down there we both slept like a rock. Troy is calling me the AC nazi, because we haven't turned it on yet. I refuse until at least tomorrow (June), I am also fearful of how expensive it is going to be to keep our house cool. With 6,400 square feet it will be a few pennies.
I will try and post again soon with pictures.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you had such a productive weekend! If your temps are like ours today you might want to give in and turn the a/c on today. It hit 90 here today! Thank the Lord for sprinklers and public fountains.

5/31/2007 2:14 PM  
Blogger Ann-Marie said...

Sherry the nazi...hehe...

5/31/2007 7:31 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

we haven't turned ours on either and hope to make it the summer without doing so. the African blood in us... :)

6/01/2007 5:27 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

You are lunatics. I cannot stand humidity. That constant sweaty feeling...yuck. I can't sleep without my huge antique window unit going ;0)

Missed you, but so glad you got so much done. Sometimes that is an even better feeling than relaxing all weekend.

6/01/2007 6:00 AM  
Blogger the rinehart's said...

Glad you had a good weekend! We haven't turned on our AC either...but we have no choice since we don't have it out here!!!

6/01/2007 6:35 AM  
Blogger the johnson crew said...

we haven't even put our a/c in our window yet.

isn't it fun to get projects done around the house? good job.

6/02/2007 7:20 PM  
Blogger Wentzel Weekly said...

We've had our air on for quite a while, but if it was up to me I wouldn't have it cranked as low as Chris does. We are total opposites:). He is always hot, and I am always cold. I go turn it up, and he always goes behind me and turns it down...Aaagh! lol

6/03/2007 7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home