The ChroniCOLE

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Our Weekend!

This past weekend my wonderful hubbie took me for a day out. We got all prepared friday pm for our day out and got up early saturday am and headed to Lake Cataract in southern Indiana. The day was gorgeous and very relaxing (well except for all the paddling). I am realizing even more so that I am very out of shape. We got in the lake around 10:30am and paddled - fished - paddled some more. What we didn't know is that the lake was flooded by 30 foot, this made the fishing difficult. Troy caught a few but we ended up just throwing them back in. In the picture you can see the tree tops above the water line. It was so wierd to be paddling through tree tops. It was so nice to spend the day together, get away and get some serious sun. We both got quite burndt...it hurts to sleep and we are looking forward to it turning into a tan.


Thank you baby for taking the time and energy to plan a day away for us to be together. I love you so very much.



Here is a picture of our robin's nest in the tree in front of our house. On monday of last week there was only one egg but by friday there were 4 of them. It will be exciting to see them hatch and chirp away.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I LOVE days like that. Makes everything else in life OK.
You will have fun with the baby birdies. we had a nest RIGHT outside our door when we were in the duplex and I'd take a chair out and just stand there and watch them! soo cute.

4/24/2007 8:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a relaxing day - except for the paddling of course. A change of scenery and a peaceful lake with your hubby sounds so invigorating and luxurious! Glad you were able to get away. Keep us posted on the birdies!

4/24/2007 10:26 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

that pic of the eggs is beautiful! i love that color. it will be so fun to watch the birds. you'll feel like they're your own! fun.

4/24/2007 1:24 PM  
Blogger Scott and Beth said...

I agree...those eggs are so pretty!

Also...what a super day for you all to have together! We love doing things like that! What an awesome husband you have!

4/24/2007 1:51 PM  
Blogger the johnson crew said...

sound like a really nice trip. i am glad you had a "relaxing" weekend together. jas and i need to go "up north" when he gets out of school this semester.

love you, janelle

4/28/2007 3:59 PM  
Blogger Ann-Marie said...

I won't say why but I think you might want to know some information in my latest blog post ;)...hahaha we got ya!

5/02/2007 11:26 PM  
Blogger Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

Okay, so I feel like an idiot! I have your blog on my "favorites" list, so every other day or so, I just click down through my list to see who's updated their blogs. Well, I'm not sure why, but ever since January, yours has been the same for some reason. I kept thinking "why hasn't she posted anything" then "why hasn't anyone else said anything in her comments about her lack of posting" and then "did she move her blog and just not tell me?" Anyway, for some reason today I checked the archive list and found that you did, indeed, have posts for the last three months! So, I don't know why my favorites list took me to the current page on everyone's but yours, but now I'm updated, and I enjoyed catching up :o)

5/08/2007 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home