The ChroniCOLE

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The latest news..........



So the pretty blue eggs hatched sometime in the past week. Have you ever seen what comes out of those pretty blue eggs? Wow…imagine a bald, baby mouse that got rolled in the lint tray of your dryer. Oh yeah, and they have hideously oversized black eyes buried into their pink skin. Anyway, we’ve been keeping an eye on them as they hatched one by one. Sherry enjoyed teasing them by chirping at the nest and watching them blindly reaching to the sky with open mouths hoping for some grub (literally) from momma. Then we got home from work last night…boom…all gone. They didn’t fall out on the ground that we can tell. But, they’re not in the nest. The best we’ve come up with is that some other critter had them for lunch. I just hope they tasted better than they looked…such is the circle of life I guess.


Sherry said I should probably give an update on my knee. The doctor removed the broken bone and bad cartilage, and I now have what he called a pothole in the bottom of the femur. He also harvested some good cartilage and sent it to a lab out east. If insurance will cover it, the lab will grow it into a piece that can later be grafted into the hole that is left from last week’s surgery. If insurance doesn’t cover it, I just have to learn to live with it as it is I suppose. Bummer…guess the mini-marathon records are safe for a while. Anywho, time will tell how the surgery turns out. For the time being, my whole leg is pretty swollen…in part because sitting around waiting for it to heal is not in my nature. Otherwise, it’s not been too painful.

By the way, whatever happened to good old fashioned Tylenol with codeine? I remember that being the pain killer of choice when I was growing up. Now they give two prescriptions…the first one for pain and the second one for the side effects of the first prescription. Seems like some sort of racket to me?!?!? By the time we got through reading about and hearing about the side effects of the pain killer, I opted for the pain. It’s just not worth it.

Give us a quick comment to let us know you’re still reading this thing. Seems like the fad is passing…

15 Comments:

Blogger the rinehart's said...

Oh... yes sir, we still read your blog. I check it like every day! We love keeping up with you guys.

Sorry to hear of your surgery. I'm sure that isn't a fun thing to go through. Hope you are feeling better and you have a full recovery.

We missed you on Sunday, but you had a good excuse:) We miss seeing you guys. We'll have to give you a call next time we are out longer than a weekend! Take care and God's richest blessings...
Stephen.Rachel.Malachi

5/09/2007 7:19 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I wanted to bring you some soup this weekend but our time got highjacked. Abram's parents showed up a day early for Titus's ordination. :( I'm sorry I missed your bedriddenness. You are a crazy man. dont hurt it any more cause you are stubborn. pothole huh. nice. creepy but nice.
glad you are doing ok. Sherry's knee, your femur. enough already!! (hope ins. covers it!!)

5/10/2007 6:26 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yeah we are checking in. I think summer kind of stunts the blogging world with being outside so much.
I can't imagine going through a surgery like that. We'll pray insurance covers it - wow!

5/10/2007 8:01 AM  
Blogger holly marie said...

im reading it...love you guys

5/10/2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger Erin & John said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5/10/2007 2:51 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Don't worry guys, you have plenty of lurkers (just like me!). I check in on you regularly. Sorry about the bum knee. The picture was a nice touch :-)
What kind of pain drugs do they want you to take? Don't read the side effects stuff too seriously. They totally have to put in every little thing that could possibly ever happen. But still, if you can suck it up & take the pain I admire that.
Happy recovery & my prayers will be with the ins. thing. Only the Lord can move them to pay for some things :-)

5/11/2007 6:03 AM  
Blogger Betty 'Rie said...

Still here! You can't get rid of us...we're lifers.

5/11/2007 12:14 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Yeah....can't shake me either :) Love hearing the stories and seeing the pics. Makes me miss you less....or maybe more.

Yuck! I am so glad my knee doesn't need surgery so far. Looks painful, sounds even worse. So, how does your pothole feel? Can you tell?

So sorry about your birdies

5/11/2007 12:47 PM  
Blogger the johnson crew said...

yikes, nice legs. sorry about your knee... not fun. the meds sound kinda scarry....

5/12/2007 11:36 PM  
Blogger Esther said...

I'm still checking your blog - keep the posts coming. It does seem like the fad is fading though. I love being able to catch up with you guys - the only other solution would be to live in close proximity. :)

5/14/2007 9:58 AM  
Blogger mitchells2000 said...

I still read... but through Google Reader, and I don't have much time for comments anymore! It takes a while sometimes! Sorry about your knee!

5/14/2007 4:55 PM  
Blogger Tricia said...

I always read your posts, but seldom comment since I usually don't have anything intelligent to add to the conversation! =) However, I do enjoy keeping up on all the happenings of the happy Cole family!

5/15/2007 11:46 AM  
Blogger Kandie Stilwell said...

I am still following your posts from far away! I like the shaved/not shaved look :)

Kandie Stilwell

5/15/2007 6:22 PM  
Blogger Scott and Beth said...

I read it too! You all are very funny!

5/18/2007 10:54 AM  
Blogger Nicole Teachout said...

I am glad to hear your surgery went well! Like many others, I visit and don't always comment. Facebook is great and all. . .but I still love visiting blogs! Take care!

5/21/2007 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home