The ChroniCOLE

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Such a busy weekend!

We left on friday afternoon to head to WI for TJ's graduation. We picked up Brandy in Chicago - due to the rain that will NEVER end and windy conditions - her flight was delayed by a couple of hours so Troy and I found ways to keep ourselves busy by visiting IKEA and eating at this wonderful restaurant called Sweet Tomatoes - it is your kind of place if you love SALAD and BUFFETS.
We got to WI quite late but we were safe and had comfy beds to sleep in. Thank you Chaney's and Scott's. Saturday involved TJ's grad - lots of food and open houses. The open house we held for TJ was very enjoyable and wonderful to see old friends and some new ones.
Sunday we were able to spend a relaxing morning as a family - celebrating Mother's Day! We headed out around noon to take Brandy back to the airport and to get home in time to spend time with Mom and Dad Cole - and of course see the Survivor finale ( a bit disapointed I might add). So we slept well on sunday pm and I wanted to keep sleeping on monday am. Monday afternoon we went to the bank to fill and sign paperwork for our loan. Be praying about this - this is not a normal loan - we have had a really hard time finding a bank that is interested in financing a church/house. It is a high risk for them - and me being canadian and not a US citizen just adds to the risk. FUN FUN! But we know that God will work it all out if it is His will. Our Loan officer has been wonderful and he is (if the bank accepts to finance us) hoping to close by the end of MAY! YAHOO! Keep praying !!

9 Comments:

Blogger Wentzel Weekly said...

We will keep praying for your house/church :) situation. We know God will bless you with the best! I am so jealous that you got to see some old Northland friends. That is great!
We LOVE Sweet Tomatoes! When my parents lived in Chicago we ate there all the time. There aren't any here in the south, unfortunately. Plenty of chicken, though :)!
Love you girl!
Alyssa

5/16/2006 7:35 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Awe, I'm jealous you got to be at my sisters grad. and not me. :) Sounds like a fun weekend, and so special to be with your mom on Mother's Day.

Boy, was this season of Survivor tough. I was for Lamina the entire way, which wasn't easy since they all got voted off, one by one. Even my favorite - Captain America! Believe it or not, I ended up LIKING Shane in the end (strange, I know). I kept flip-flopping between who I wanted to win, but I was actually glad Aras did. Danielle had no personality, and hardly any strategy. I think she was only on the chopping block once. She was SO lucky to win that last immunity challenge.

Well, I'll stop on that. Back to packing for me! :) Praying for your loan to go through; that church/house would be an awesome project! :)

5/16/2006 12:00 PM  
Blogger Troy & Sherry said...

katie-
ya - i wanted terry to win SO BADLY because he deserved it...and that last immunity challenge was geared for danielle to win - argh -oh well - as my hubbie so lovingly reminds me - it is JUST a tv show.

5/16/2006 12:05 PM  
Blogger S said...

Glad you guys had a good weekend. I heard about the crazy weather at NBBC. I guess it's comforting that one thing is constant about graduation - you never know what kind of weather you'll have! I don't know when we'll get to NBBC next now that my parents are gone.

We'll be praying about your loan to go through.

5/16/2006 3:11 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Yeah, Survivor stunk and Sweer Tomatoes is the bomb! There is one in Raleigh and we went there for the firt time last week. Love it! and we love you too!

5/16/2006 7:46 PM  
Blogger The Two of Us said...

Don't know if you remember me from the mailroom or not, but found your site through someone else's. It would be awesome to get that church - hope all goes well.

Yeah, I didn't want either Danielle or Aras to win in the end. I thought Terry should win because of his strength and staying in that long on his own. I also thought Cirie should win too because she had outwitted a bunch of them. Oh well, it is just a tv show...now if we can just find out who the All Stars will be on Big Brother, life can go on. :)

5/18/2006 5:53 PM  
Blogger Amanda T said...

Sounds like you guys had a pretty good time inspite of the weather. While tom and i were down south, we saw about the awful weather you guys were having up here in the midwest and thought of northland's graduation. As shannon said...that is life at northland. You never know what kind of weather you'll have.
I've never eaten at Sweet Tomatoes but i'll definitely put it on the list for the next time we're in chicago.
We'll keep praying about your loan.

5/19/2006 11:22 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Too funny...so did you guys get snowed on? I heard northern WI got like 8 inches. Ah, memories of winters in the frozen tundra.

We are praying for you guys. I bet you are so anxious to hear and then get started. I am so excited for you guys!!!

5/19/2006 1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

7/21/2006 4:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home