The ChroniCOLE

Friday, March 24, 2006

Such a nice week.....

This week was busy, tiring but so nice. My little sister Holly came on sunday pm because it was her spring break this week. So we got settled in sunday pm - and had to show her how extreme home makeover works. That show makes you cry so much. But it is an amazing show - seeing how so many people are helped. Holly was able to sleep in monday morning (or should I say afternoon :o) That night we went to feed the Bolton Babies - one of our favorite things to do and then we got Holly some movies to watch while we were at work or together. We came home and watched Walk the Line - the life story of Johnny Cash. It was a good movie and it revealed to me once again how idols of your heart can and will destroy you. Tuesday night we went to Steinmart because they are closing and we got some great deals, then went for supper and then AMERICAN IDOL night which was very good. I was hoping Bucky would go home but Kevin sad to say it was inevitable you were going home as well. Wednesday pm we went to church - we are taking an overview of the Bible class. Troy and I hit the sack early because we were so tired. Wednesday's are long days - Troy has Point Man at church at 6am and then I met with Betsy for Bible Study at 6:30am so....by the time 10pm comes around we are fading fast. Sorry - we are old people Holly! Then thursday pm she headed back to school. Sad to see her leave but so glad she could come. So Troy and I settled in to watch one of the left over movies still unwatched. Million Dollar Baby - ya my recommendation is ....good movie - kinda. Good if you want to BAWL your eyes out. I just laid there sobbing. It was so sad - after it was over Troy said, "Who picked that move - that was Definately not a feel good movie." - So now it is friday and we are glad. Looking forward to spending some time together and relaxing over the weekend.

5 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Hey Sherry! Your week with Holly sounds so fun! I wish my little sister could've come visit me, but no, she had to spend it with her fiance planning their wedding! (The nerve.)

I'm interested in your recommendation of Million Dollar Baby. I guess I was never interested in watching it because I had heard that it was a sympathetic message of euthenasia. Do you think that at all? Al Mohler did a whole show on it when it came out.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend!

Katie

3/25/2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger Hairgrove Hangout said...

Hey Troy and Sherry - Good to hear you had Holly with you for a while. I miss your Mom sooo much. Hope they are well. I agree with you - Am. Idol = Bucky and Kevin both need to go (do I like Ace just because of my grandson Ace Hairgrove or is his voice really good??) Love you two, Momma Hair

3/25/2006 4:55 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hey Sherry! It sounds like you had a great week with your sister! My brother was able to come down here during Spring Break too! It is so nice to spend time with family isn't it? Hope you also had a great relaxing weekend!

3/25/2006 5:09 PM  
Blogger S said...

Hey Sherry, Glad to hear the time you got to spend time with Holly. She and I met for coffee when I went up there to visit. She's grown up so much!

3/26/2006 6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sherry
i am so glad i got to come and be with you guys...you guys are soo nice to me. ; ) i hope you have a great week...love ya holly

3/28/2006 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home