The ChroniCOLE

Monday, April 17, 2006

Mondays.....

This am I woke up with a somewhat bad attitude - not sure why but I did. Kinda in my own little world - worrying about things I can't change and not taking my thoughts before the Lord. So....admonished I am and doing better I must say. :)
Not sure why I would have a bad attitude - I have been so very blessed with so many things.
Last week - our family was reminded of the brevity of life when Troy's grandmother passed away monday pm. We spent wednesday evening and all day thursday in Marion for the viewing and funeral. It was a rough couple of days - but we are reminded once again that God is in control and so thankful for the assurance of his Grandma's salvation. We will see her again.
On friday pm - we were called by Troy's dad to come hang out in their basement - seeing as we had a tornado coming our way. We were able to spend about an hour with them - catching up - and the storm ended up going around us. Once again - so thankful! On saturday - Troy and I ran errands together - he mowed the church lawn and I straightened the house. We were able to go to our church passion play with some good friends of ours and be so clearly reminded
of the incredible sacrifice of our perfect Savior. What a story and a gift that we don't deserve. After the Passion Play we went out for ice cream with our friends (doesn't get much better than that - hearing the gospel - spending time with friends and to top it all off - ICE CREAM) Sunday - we went to church and sunday school and we actually didn't have any plans for Easter. We wanted to stay home and just spend some time together. So I get the idea we should go out for lunch - which was very nice! The restaurant we ate at has an ice cream machine that you can help yourself to. Well! I think we were the first ones to use it....let me rephrase - I was the first one to use it. So when I pulled down on the lever ice cream there was air in the nozzel and ice cream exploded all over - in my hand - the floor - my skirt - my shirt and my arms and face. Troy and I burst out laughing and then I went to get cleaned up. Oh how funny life can be.
We spent the rest of the day - getting meals planned for the week - planting seeds and taking a nap. Yahoo! I love naps! - that was a new found joy when I married Troy.
Well - Now it is monday late morning and I am not sure what in the world I was worried about earlier - taking my thoughts - burdens and worries to the Lord. And....here is the key - LEAVING them there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hairgrove Hangout said...

So glad that storm missed you all. We did pray for your safety as we heard the direction of the many tornados. Now, with Hurricane season coming, please pray for our safety! :-} Jo-g comes home on Mothers Day. I'm scheduled for my total knee replacement surgery on May 11, so he better bring a flower to the hospital when he arrives. Love you both and glad you are safe. Stop that "worry" and pray. Our God is an AWESOME God and loves and cares for you both. Love ya,
Cheryl

4/24/2006 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home