The ChroniCOLE

Monday, April 03, 2006

I Love Weekends!

I love weekends for so many reasons. The main one is that I get to spend more time with my husband. Friday we realized it was our 3 month wedding anniversary. Crazy to people it has been 3 months already - in some ways it feels like just yesterday but in the good comforting way it feels like we have been together forever. So we decided to have a date night. We went to the little town of Monticello and ate at a hole in the wall pizza place and then we walked down to the little 2 show theatre that maybe will hold 100 people in each movie. It does state that they must have 10 people to show the movie. That made us laugh! It was nice to get out and do something - the last time we went to a movie in a theatre was last february I think. The fee for this theatre is $4.00 for adults and $2.00 for kids and seniors. You can't beat that! So it was a late night for us - I think midnight before we went to sleep. Yup - we are getting old :o) Actually it was a ploy to help my hubbie sleep in - anyone who knows me is aware of my sheer enjoyment of sleeping in. Well - my husbands body doesn't work that way. 5:30 - 6:30am he is awake and does try hard to fall back asleep but.....we usually arise around 7:30am even on the weekend. It is a horrid thought I know! So saturday am we slept in until 9:30 am it was amazing and wonderful. He went to work for a couple hours and I cleaned up house - made some homemade pizza dough for our BBQ pizza for supper that pm and also making some home made breadsticks. I also whipped up a fast version of cheesecake with cherry topping. We then went to Marion for visit his grandma who is very near to entering eternity. Her liver is shutting down and she sleeps most of the day. We then said our goodbyes to all of them and headed home to greet Lane and Michelle who came for supper. Sunday we went to church and the out to lunch with Jonathan and Heather and of course Eric. That was really nice - to visit - catch up and be entertained by that adorable little boy. We drove around lookin at some houses - went home and took about a 30 minute nap and then went to church. The service was a blessing as we welcomed 15 new members and heard many ways that God is working in people's lives. After church we came home and watched a little Extreme Home Makeover and then tried to hit the sack a bit early because of the time change. But, to no avail we both laid there wide awake because our bodies are a bit confused with the time. A nice weekend! A restful weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, $4 for a movie? That's a great deal! Oh my, 7:30 a.m. sounds late to me. Sleeping in with a baby just doesn't happen. Yum, that bbq pizza recipe sounds great. You should send it to me (aliciahorn@hotmail.com). does it have chicken?

4/03/2006 8:14 AM  
Blogger bethoven said...

Hey Sherry, I was just going through old emails today and found your blog link. I have also recently joined the blogging world. I'll add a link to you on my blog! It was good to hear what's going on with you and to see pics of the Bolton babies, because I haven't seen them yet!
--Beth

4/04/2006 7:27 AM  
Blogger MEC said...

Miss Syr! (ummm. . . Mrs. Cole!) hee hee, I'm printing my invites for grad open house and I'm reading blogs, while shoving cardstock into my printer that hates me and so decides to shred every other one GRRR!
Anyway, isn't Monticello cute? My dad is from the North White school area so we have family and friends up there, not to mention my boyfriend (do you remember Tyler Cotterman?) I love that place, and a lot of the times its hard to find a seat in that movie theater 'cause its so cheap!
You need to go to the drive-in thats cool as well, and also really cheap
Glad to hear about your life, your future 'house' is so cool!
~Meg~

5/13/2006 1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home