The ChroniCOLE

Thursday, June 05, 2008

FRUIT FLIES


Well I read my friends blog this morning and realized there are people in the world that are dealing with fruit flies and they don't know what to do.........so i wanted to let you in on a secret....
we have used these pest strips for the past 2 1/2 years and we have had NO fruit flies whatsoever AND we leave fruit out on the counter top...you can get them from Lowe's or Home Depot.....Hope this helps!

Here are the details!
Hot Shot®2.3 Oz. No-Pest StripItem #: 69690 Model: 5580
$5.97
Kills flying and crawling insects
Convenient strip leaves no odor
Lasts up to 4 months
Just hang or stand up in homes, garages, storage places and more
For indoor use

6 Comments:

Blogger Heard by God said...

Sherry, I canNOT believe you posted this! Ever since we had a Sunday School party here several weeks ago, we have had a horrible infestation of fruit flies. We have tried so many things, & I'm so frustrated! I am SO getting these things, THANK YOU!

6/05/2008 6:55 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Sherry, I've not had this problem, but I heard this vicious rumor that if you wash all your fruit with soap & water as soon as you get it home, you won't have fruit flies. Something about there being eggs on the skin of the fruit & especially on the banana peels...I don't eat much fruit but apples & they never seem to bring the bad boys around. I hope you're feeling great today! Praying for you & for Jacob to come quickly!

6/05/2008 7:02 AM  
Blogger Joe and Jen said...

Oh my gosh! We have fruit flies that are driving me crazy! My homemade concoction of apple cider vinegar and a piece of banana is working, but not fast enough! I am going to get some of those right now! Hope you are doing well!

6/05/2008 8:46 AM  
Blogger Rebekah Zenn said...

THANK YOU- we will give these a try! We don't seem to have a lot... but like you saw on my blog, every time I think we're down to the last one... well... :)

6/05/2008 5:34 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

Oh, man, that is going on my list of "necessary stuff" to bring back to Peru this year when furlough is over! Thanks for sharing! Praying for you. I know the end of the pregnancy is an exciting yet challenging time! Hang in there!

6/06/2008 2:46 PM  
Blogger Matt & Nicki said...

So, here is my question a month later, (we just started with the fruit flies--like crazy!!) The packaging says NOT to use them in rooms where you are going to be for more than four hours at a time--well, the fruitflies are in the kitchen--so, where did you put yours?

7/08/2008 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home