The ChroniCOLE

Monday, May 19, 2008

The Latest Happenings

well...what is new - we had our dr. apt last week and i am not dilated but am 50% effaced - which can me something or nothing - we have between 2 - 3 weeks left depending on which due date you go by....i am about at the point when he can come anytime and it would be ok....however, after going to our childbirth class on saturday and watching a video of childbirth (i have been trying not to watch any of these videos)...i had that fun look of panic/fear on my face for quite awhile...knowing that he has to come out and that it can be ANY time is a little nerve racking.
we worked on the deck all weekend- it is looking awesome - i took some pictures last pm and will try and post them at home tonight - i forgot the camera at home - i know i know - not smart at this stage.
troy's dad has been a huge blessing with this deck and even our neighbor Tom came over for a bit this weekend - it is hard for me to sit by and watch but there is only so much i can do and it is usually just handing troy boards and nails.
it will be so nice to have a deck to sit out at during the day and in these gorgeous evenings...
well ...we will keep you posted on our lives - i have been praying for an obvious sign of labor, like my water breaking ( i would prefer at home on a friday night - if i can be specific :) but God is good and in control and all will go according to His perfect plan...
we will talk again soon ;)

6 Comments:

Blogger Mo's Mob said...

I remember the birthing video - at my next doctor's appt. I literally asked the doctor if I could just schedule a C-section because natural childbirth did not look natural to me at all. She told me they didn't recommend it! :) How exciting for you guys - it's getting close!

5/19/2008 3:09 PM  
Blogger Rebekah Zenn said...

Sherry- giving birth definitely wasn't fun... but it wasn't nearly as awful as I was expecting!!! And one hint: A really long hard foot and ankle massage was what got my labor to start and water to break!!! We're praying for you!

5/19/2008 9:11 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Sherry - I'll be praying for you! I would so refuse to watch a video of childbirth if they would let me. When my nephew was born I watched a video about the epidural process & now I don't ever want one of those - yikes! I'll mention the Friday night @ home water-breaking to God. We'll see what He says ;-)

5/20/2008 5:34 AM  
Blogger Betty 'Rie said...

Ahh, the waiting game. I'm waiting with you! Don't worry, it will come soon--I'll pray with you for the obvious signs. With Jack it was easy because my water broke. This one...well, it's really going to have to be obvious again, but I'm not worried.

Hang in there!

5/20/2008 10:55 AM  
Blogger the johnson crew said...

sherry, it wasn't as bad as i expected either, and i didn't get the interthecal until i had pushed for over 4 hours and that us WAY uncommon to even push more than an hour. - i would suggest that you bring things along to get your mind off your contractions. i talked on the phone for over an hour when my contractions were only 2 minutes apart. meditating on scripture really helped. i even had jason scroll throughh the pictures of our kids on his lap top to pass the time. - it helped me to book it down the hall during my contractions and i was dialated more than 8 at that point. you are an athlete so you are probably like me, i can take pain, but not when i am just laying around. - you will do wonderfully. keep your sense of humer between contractions... believe me, during the contractionsn you will be VERRY irratable - my senses were over sensitive. - i can't wait to hear how your's goes.

love you, janelle

your deck looks awesome!

5/21/2008 4:33 PM  
Blogger Adele said...

The waiting game is difficult especially b/c it's filled w/ mixed emotions. You're ready to meet this new little person, but not ready to go through labor. I was there myself not that long ago as you know!

The unkown is the hardest part about labor, but take it one contraction, one hour, etc. at a time. Don't think a/b what's coming, just focus on what is happening right then.

I will second what Janelle said, if they will let you move around, do it. Unfortunately I didn't get that option this time b/c I progress too quickly, but it is easier to handle contractions when moving than while lying flat on your back.

Labor is not "fun" but well worth it for the bundle you get to hold at the end!

5/22/2008 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home