The ChroniCOLE

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wednesday

Wednesday is always a busy day for me at work....but I like that. I would rather be busy all day than bored to death.
I wanted to give you an update on my drama :)....the carpal tunnel in my right hand hasn't gotten any better during the day - same 3 fingers are tingly all day, but I started wearing a brace to bed on friday pm and that has seemed to help a bit. I had a few nights where the burning, tingling and swelling didn't awaken me and the last two nights it has only been once a night. Before the brace it was waking me up 3 times a night so that has been nice. The brace is anything but attractive or comfortable .....my wonderful hubbie has been kind with little teasing :) and we are HUGE spooners - we spoon all night every night - all snuggled up to each other. So when I spoon him - he gets this obnoxious brace to cuddle with. :) We have a dr. apt today so I am going to see if I have any other options, and I am hoping they move my due date up. I will keep you posted. Other than that we are doing great, I feel great and sometimes even forget I am pregnant until I try and bend over, walk up stairs and get winded or when Jacob is kicking me like a mad man. We are hosting three gentlemen for the biblical training conferance at our church this week so that is keeping us busy . We haven't done much on the nursery - we have some of the furniture but haven't picked a theme yet. We are probably going to head to Ikea sometime in the next few weeks and see if there is a sheet/comforter set that we like and go with those colors, and if not there is a set we like at Babies R Us but it is awfully expensive. We haven't registered yet - that is on my to do list.....we will get to it someday :). It is hard to believe we are quickly closing on 6 months already. I will try and get another picture posted soon. Well since it is wednesday, I really need to get at it work wise. I hope you all have a great rest of the week.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ann said...

Thanks for the update, Sherry. So, this little guy's name is Jacob? I love that. Have you settled on a middle name?

2/13/2008 5:30 AM  
Blogger Troy & Sherry said...

yes - the middle name is be eugene - every first born male on troy's side of the family has been eugene...so our first born son will carry on that family tradition.

2/13/2008 6:43 AM  
Blogger the rinehart's said...

Love the name guys! I love family names! They are so special. Take care and hope you get to feeling better. We love you!

2/13/2008 9:11 AM  
Blogger the johnson crew said...

you are SIX months along alreadY???!!! where did time go? everyone elses pregnancies go so fast. wow.

i have always LOVED the name jacob... but we decided that NONE of our kids would be named with "J" because we didn't want our adopted kids to feel left out.

we registered for our baby bedding at babies r us. and then i decided to take it off b/c it was rediculously expensive... then then very next day i was at shopko with my mom and they had the EXACT same bed set in CLEARANCE so my mom bought it for us. i LOVE it so much, but i agree that BabiesRUs is too expensive. crazy.

i hope your carpel tunnel gets better. so sorry.

spooning is wonderful... but now, only jason can spoon me...

love you!

janelle

2/13/2008 9:41 AM  
Blogger Angela Mellema said...

Wow, I didn't realize you had carpal tunnel lately... how painful. I'm glad that the rest of the pregnancy has been going well though. I'll be praying that it doesn't get worse. Jacob Cole is such a great name... very strong. Is that the right word? Anyway, it's great!

2/20/2008 12:39 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

I love the name, Jacob! Great! I was just checking in on you to see how you were doing. Glad all is well. I am waiting for a new pic of you :)!!!

Love you girl! Our baby boys will be here before we know it. AHHHHHH!

2/21/2008 5:41 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hey we just went to Ikea and they had a lot of baby bedding it seemed. Very colorful. I wish I would have known what you were looking for so I could have taken a picture and sent you what they have. I think they display all the sets on the wall. Anyways, beware! It is so easy to spend a fortune but get a ton of stuff. Bring a truck and have fun :)

2/21/2008 7:50 AM  
Blogger juliechall said...

Hey Sherry - I just wanted to say congrats - since I haven't done that yet. I'm sorry to hear about the brace....that does seem a little unpleasant...but I'm sure in the end it will be worth it! I'm excited to see pics of the nursery when you get around to it - I love what you've done to your house so far and Ikea is always a great choice!
Julie

2/22/2008 5:31 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

We went to the Ikea in Schaumburg. It was a rather fast trip. We had to be there and back by 3 in the afternoon to pick up Sierra from a bday party. We were bookin' through the place :)!

2/22/2008 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home