The ChroniCOLE

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Loving and Protective Hand of God

Lately I have witnessed many people that I dearly love go through what seem like tough and unfair times in their lives. My heart aches for them and my instinct is to scream and cry and think this is so unfair and I hate it because as much as I want to - I can't fix it. But, then I am reminded that God is good - caring - loving and wants what is best for us so much more than we do for ourselves.

Jeremiah 29 :11 - 13
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

That he sees the end from the beginning and has it all orchestrated so that it brings glory to HIM. Not me! It is not about what I want - or think - or hope for. It is all about GOD! It is about HIS plan, HIS will, HIS perfect way. It is also so important for me to remember - that this situation/trial/struggle is an opportunity for me to be a testimony to others (believers and unbelievers), to show Christ's love to all (even the one causing the pain), to TRUST my Savior and his hand on my life - and on the lives of all those I love. Because in all reality HE loves my husband, family, dear friend and coworker so much more than I do.

Psalm 147 : 1 - 11
1 Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God; For it is pleasant, and praise is beautiful. 2 The Lord builds up Jerusalem; He gathers together the outcasts of Israel. 3 He heals the brokenhearted And binds up their wounds. 4 He counts the number of the stars; He calls them all by name. 5 Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite. 6 The Lord lifts up the humble; He casts the wicked down to the ground. 7 Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; Sing praises on the harp to our God, 8 Who covers the heavens with clouds, Who prepares rain for the earth, Who makes grass to grow on the mountains. 9 He gives to the beast its food, And to the young ravens that cry. 10 He does not delight in the strength of the horse; He takes no pleasure in the legs of a man. 11 The Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him, In those who hope in His mercy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sherry,

What encouraging thoughts - thanks for your transparency. I often struggle with acknowledging God's sovereignty during tough times. Our little family is learning to trust God to provide. These days are lean with Matt in school full time. The Scripture you posted is so powerful and personal - thanks for the faith lift. :)

Alicia

2/08/2006 7:19 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Sherry,

Thanks so much for your thoughts! What a great reminder that God is in control even in the rough times!

We had no other choice but to experience that first hand when He took Joanne home to be with Him!

He is in control and I want to be only in His will!!

Thanks
Heather

2/08/2006 11:40 AM  
Blogger Amanda T said...

Thanks sherry for sharing what the Lord has been teaching you lately. it's always encouraging to hear what others are learning. There have been tough things to go through...with my brother, matt, and now 3 pregnancies that ended for one reason or another. The only thing we can hold onto and lean on is God and His Word. He knows exactly what we need to make us focus on Him and what will purify us that we might be made more conformable to the image of Christ.
i'll be praying for you.
amanda

2/09/2006 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home