The ChroniCOLE

Friday, November 03, 2006

I Married MacGyver

I watched MacGyver as a young girl and LOVED him. I thought he was amazing and of course believed he could make a bomb out of a paperclip and a piece of gum. I like most girls at the time had a slight crush on him. Looking back, I am not sure he had the mullet going on in the show - I am sure he couldn't have :) Anyways, I have realized that I have married MacGyver. Yup! It is true! Last night we were heading out the house about 5:30pm and Troy realized he had forgotten to set the VCR to tape Survivor at 8pm. Well, if you know my husband, you know he really enjoys his survivor. He suggested turning back to do - to which I suggested calling Shane and Christine to see if they could tape it. He was ok with that, but would still have to wait until the next day to watch it. Obviously, not his favorite option, so he mentioned making an antenna to get the channel. I admit it! I laughed out loud! He said - "What do you know have any faith in me that I can do that!" I did tell him if anyone could it would be him. Well sure enough as soon as we got out to the house he started finding parts and wires and boxes and I just watched in wonder. He finally got it all how he wanted it and if you look closely in the picture you can see where the "ANTENNA" is hanging over the lights. We started flipping through channels and we didn't just get one channel fuzzy - we got 5 fuzzy channels and 1 PERFECTLY CLEAR channel 18 (the Survivor channel). So, James Dean Anderson move over my hubbie is MY MACGYVER and alot better looking I must add. So thanks Baby, for working so hard and always making things so much fun! I love you so very much.

10 Comments:

Blogger FranknSteph said...

Your posts always make me smile!

11/03/2006 9:37 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Very funny Sherry! That was a great post!

11/03/2006 11:29 AM  
Blogger such is life said...

the Tv looks so lonely!

11/03/2006 1:54 PM  
Blogger Liesl said...

HA! great imagination!

11/03/2006 6:23 PM  
Blogger holly marie said...

wow troy. im thoroughly impressed.

11/04/2006 12:18 PM  
Blogger the johnson crew said...

troy, that is amazing. i would hate to see what would happen if you and jason ever got together and tried to rig up a house... the posabilities would be endless.

11/04/2006 10:25 PM  
Blogger bethoven said...

I LOVED Macguyver too! RICHARD Dean Anderson is still on Stargate SG-1 (really the only reason to watch that show) but it's not quite the same as the actual Macguyver.

I set my VCR up so it's regularly programmed to tape MY favorite shows (Amazing Race, CSI, etc.). You just have to remember to make sure the power on the VCR is turned off so it will actually tape!

Great wiring work, Troy!! Reminds me of my dad. :)

11/05/2006 7:52 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Hilarious!

11/06/2006 1:53 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Yeah I am so very impressed as well :) I love the way you adore your husband, Sherry! It is so nice to see you guys are still blissfully happy 10 months later!!! I LOVE being married to my hero too :)

11/07/2006 8:26 AM  
Blogger carissa said...

I loved macgyver too.....but I have to admit I had a sever crush on DOOGIE HOWSER M.D. What a dork...a 12 yr old dr. c'mon!!! Congrats on your home and the TV too! Way to go Troy!!!!

11/14/2006 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home