The ChroniCOLE

Monday, February 06, 2006

I LOVE WEEKENDS!!


Weekends have to be my favorite thing in the world. Troy and I stayed pretty close to home on friday pm. He wasn't feeling to hot so we vegged and tried to go to bed at a decent hour. Then on Saturday am he went to Men of Faith at 6:00am but crawled back in with me and I convinced him he needed more sleep :o) He didn't have to work this saturday which is the first time since we have been married. I like when he doesn't have to work. One of the many things I love about the weekend is how much time Troy and I get to spend together. We had decided we were going to do a fun remodeling project. We have done many of these together (ie. our entire house) but this one was dealing with furniture. We took our cream side tables and our newly purchased - floor model - scratched and dinged coffee table and decided to paint them and put ceramic tile on the tops. It went very well for our first time tiling and grouting. :) The tables are black and the end tables have one huge tile on the top and the coffee table has 25 - 6" tiles on it. Troy did a wonderful job and I helped with the painting - encouraging and clean up. I will have to post a picture for you all to see. We then met friends for supper and then had them come over to the house to play with Chip and to catch up. We are also watching the Keck's bunny these next few weeks while they are on vacation. I am starting to feel like a zoo keeper. I am thinking this is all getting me ready to take care of chillins some day. Tonight we are going over to help with the bolton babies. They are triplets and need some extra hands to do some feeding. I will let you know how that goes. Be praying for the babies - they are still so little 2.5 months old and just over 5 lbs each. So be praying for Mom and Dad (Christine and Shane) and Joshua - Ella and Abbie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Sherry,

I stumbled across your blog through Alicia's. I don't know you, but my husband sure did recognize you! Does the name Kevin Watson ring a bell? He remembers your family well. We just wanted to say hi and congratulations on your marriage!

Kevin and Heather

2/06/2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Sherry,

Sounds like a great relaxing weekend for you two honeymooners! I'm sure everyone says this, but enjoy this time of leisure and being just a twosome. Having children is fabulous - don't get me wrong - but it totally transforms your life and energy level.

I have been praying for the bolton triplets. I found their blog one day while "blog surfing" and was moved by their story immediately. I sent them an email when the kiddos were dealing with their last infection bout. How are the parents doing? I take it the babies are home then? Are the parents both able to stay home?

I'll be watching for the pictures of your refinished furniture!
Alicia

2/06/2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Your tables sound so cool!! We might do that! Josh LOVES projects...ha ha not really.. Kiss those babies for me! I cant wait to see them!

2/06/2006 6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home