The ChroniCOLE

Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day


Well......Isn't it amazing how your life can change so drastically in a week or so.....i went from being very pregnant and ready to pop to now being able to bend over and walk up the stairs without breathing so heavy. :)

More importantly Troy and I went from being a couple to being a family......it has been the most amazing feeling and the most emotional thing for me. I didn't know it would affect me this way! I am so thankful for my son, and in light of this past week I am SO incredibly grateful for my husband. I always knew I had been so blessed by falling in love with my best friend in the whole world but you can add fatherhood to his list of many talents. I knew he would be an amazing father but seeing him in action has been such a wonderful experience and makes me fall in love with him more every day. We are just now trying to figure out how he can retire and stay home with Jacob and I full time.

You can pray for us - We are going through a lot of firsts and it can be tough....if any of you know Troy and I - we are connected on every level....and how pathetic am i - having troy go to church without me yesterday you would have thought he was leaving me for good - i couldn't stop crying. The poor guy he didn't know what to do. :)....but even in that, I stayed home with our son and was able to spend some quality time with him and get a little extra rest...and we got to look forward to seeing Daddy when he got home. We are in a whole new and exciting phase of our lives and I know it is just going to get even better as we venture out into the world as the three of us. We love this little guy so much already it makes our hearts hurt and we love each other more today that we did yesterday because of this new phase of our lives.

We love you guys and can't wait for you all to meet our new family member.

7 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

You got it! You have been completely smitten with motherhood. Hard to explain to others until they go through it. Such an amazing ride!!

Very emotional.....some blame it on postpartum...I think you just plain became a mom. Lots of things are going to be much more emotional than you ever thought they could be. In fact, I almost cried when we registered Hannah for kindergarten. I wanted to beat a kid in church bc she told me he punched her in the stomach a couple of times at VBS. Everything is personal....both good and bad :)

Now are you a stay at home mom or do you have to go back in to work?

6/16/2008 11:01 AM  
Blogger Betty 'Rie said...

I can totally relate to the emotional feelings that you are having. With Jack, I was extremely emotional about Jeff, just as you are describing. I cried and cried when he had to go back to work. With Grace, I find myself being extremely emotional about Jack. I do think some of it is postpartum, but yes, I think I agree with Monica that it is just part of being a mom. Lack of sleep doesn't help either! It's hard to believe the feelings that you have for that little one, once so faceless and seemingly unreal, in one moment becomes someone for whom you would give your life. And God made us that way. How awesome is that?

What are you guys doing Tuesday evening? I have to take Bryan to VBS in Lafayette and was thinking that it is about time that I get my hands on that little Jacob! Just let me know!

6/16/2008 1:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sherry and Troy...
We are so blessed to have you in our lives, now we can add a new blessing to us all. We can't wait to meet your son. Isn't that amazing to say... J always paused when he called Jaxx our/his son. So in love, so pleased with the blessing we were given. Now you guys know what all the hype is about. Is it not the coolest thing you have ever done!?!?!?!?! I can't wait to get together and hear all of your stories, that's the fun part, sharing his accomplishments and little stories. It is so neat that this is just bringing you guys closer than ever, that will be a blessing to your son. What a lucky little man he is to have such awesome parents! We can't wait to see you guys. CONGRADS!!!!!!

XOXO
J, S and Jaxx

6/16/2008 5:23 PM  
Blogger Kandie Stilwell said...

Yep, that is marriage, absolutely fantastic, it just keeps getting better. Children are great too! I wouldn't want to give up either one.

6/16/2008 6:17 PM  
Blogger Leanne said...

I think having children brings you together as a team in a way that you never dreamed of! Just wait until you have THREE! Its exhausting and completely satisfying all at the same time! Be sure you take time to connect with Troy....Dana and I are just beginning to really learn that once they are gone...we will be the only ones left; so we need to remember to invest in our friendship!
I'm so happy for you all!
Love,
Leanne

6/17/2008 4:08 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

I am with you as far as emotions go, Sherry:)! You have no idea how in love you are going to be until you birth your baby. I am so happy for you.
Hope you are getting some rest.
Jacob is a cutie!!

Love you girl!

6/17/2008 1:15 PM  
Blogger the johnson crew said...

that is how we felt... wildly in love after malachi was born. however, i never had my melt down til the week after jason graduated from seminary... i had to "stay strong" and be tough until then. - now i think everything is all balanced out.

i am so happy for you sherry!

6/18/2008 7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home